Little Darlings

The Journey Of Our Two Little Precious ... Denisha & Darien Lim

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

poor finger

Last Friday while in the nursery, Boy cut his finger when he was playing with the plastic drawers. That's why when I buy these things, I will choose it carefully to make sure there are no sharp edges. When that happened, I was somehow annoyed and worried. Annoyed at the caregivers there for not looking at him properly but on the other hand, they can't be watching him every minute. Was worried because I don't know how deep the wound was and I had to bring the two kids to the PD without hubby 'cos he had a company dinner to attend. Seeing Boy in a jovial mood, he must be ok cos he did not cry or show any discomfort. He was looking at the aunty wrapping his finger up. So I was contemplating on whether to go to the PD or not. I went in the end .. he was due for his jab anyway. While driving there. Princess cried and when I asked her why she cried, she said "Titi (brother) pain". I was so touched. Such a sweet girl. I told her "No .. Titi is ok. Don't need to cry". When we saw the doctor, she said they don't have the equipments for cleaning up the wound etc .... gosh! I was thinking what kind of clinic is this. Gee! And I had to pack the kids into the car and go to another clinic. It was such a task .. looking for parking ... getting the kids out of the car .. making sure that Princess don't run out to the street. In the end, this doctor said he doesn't need any stitches .. thank goodness ... just a minor cut. Boy was so brave looking at the way the doctor did the dressing of the wound. The minute he realised I was there, he was whining and wanting me to carry. Sigh sigh.

look at his poor finger .... apart from the injury he's playing happily.

6 Comments:

  • At 2/15/2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger mom2ashley said…

    oooooo poor finger@!

     
  • At 2/16/2006 04:06:00 AM, Blogger lisaOne said…

    i know how hassle it is to drag two toddlers around. hope the little finger recover soon...

     
  • At 2/16/2006 07:29:00 AM, Blogger Egghead said…

    I am sure the little guy is just as happy as before... don't worry about it... this kinda things happen to all kids... otherwise they won't grow up :)

     
  • At 2/16/2006 03:37:00 PM, Blogger Twin said…

    his finger is fine now. recovered quite quickly.
    mom2ashley: thx for the help.

    two little fellas: yeah its really a hassle. luckily i brought his shoes along.

    egghead: yeah that's true. But still .. my poor little baby's fingers. :)

     
  • At 2/17/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger ZMM said…

    You went to a PD in the evening? I really want PD contact (esp those that work in the evening), can you share them?

    Hope Darien is getting better now.

    Btw, he has already started going to nursery as in a school? Or this is like a babysitter?

     
  • At 2/20/2006 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Twin said…

    zara's mama: my PD operates in the morning up to 12pm .. then 6pm-8pm. its called Pixie Child Clinic located at USJ Taipan ... sorry not sure of the address. Its the same row as Public Bank. Another one is Chye Child Clinic ... same row as KFC Taipan.

    Darien is fine .. thanks. He's in the nursery since 2 months old together with Denisha. The nursery is operated by a lady with some helpers .. they take care of babies from 2 months onwards until they are old enough to go to school. The toddlers sing, dance, play and do art & craft .... more like a kindergarten type of operation. The kids are more independent there. I find that it's much better than a babysitter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home